About Sint Maarten
- Sint Maarten is the Dutch side of the island. Saint Martin is the French side of the Island
- The Dutch side is the southern part of the island and the French side is the northern part of the island.
- Phillipsburg is for the cruise ships
- Simpson Bay is for the airport
- The area near the airport is not safe
- Taxis need to be ordered, so showing up at the ferry dock without a taxi nearby is not a good choice
- Maho Beach is famous for watching the planes land. What is enjoyable about this? Not relaxing! At least the sunset is nice
- Airport Beach is long and good for walking, but see 7 above
- The international line on the water between the Dutch and French side is marked by an anchor line with bikini tops hanging from it indicating the French topless area!